We focus on privately held companies in these sectors:
- Industrial services
- Industrial products
We partner with strong entrepreneurial managers in search of capital and the management expertise they need to continue expanding their businesses. We seek companies with a proven history of profitability and recurring revenue without the requirement of significant maintenance capital. Far from being hands-off investors, we roll up our sleeves to help grow a company into a market leader.
We believe that our key criteria and investment strategy instills discipline in the investment process. It also establishes tangible metrics to evaluate a variety of companies across industries, business types and sectors.
Rock Hill focuses on companies with these characteristics:
- Market niche and market size – Established market niche, unique product and/or service generally free from commoditization with attractive growth potential
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial management – Leaders with the management depth necessary to successfully implement a growth strategy
- Defensible market position – Defensible barriers to entry from new domestic or international competition
- Scalability – Management information systems, product sales, marketing and distribution conducive to scale without significant capital investment
- Strong recurring free cash flow – Leverageable and predictable free cash flow
- Profitable – Proven history of profitability and growth
- Reasonable valuation – A valuation commensurate with the company’s growth potential and investment risk
- Seller reinvestment – Willingness of the selling shareholders who are active in management to reinvest in the company’s future
We are not considering investments in operational or management turn-arounds at this time.
Learn more about our current investments, our values and our investment team.